Type C bulk bags are made from polypropylene woven fabrics which contain conductive threads in a grid pattern. This pattern of conductive threads safely conducts the static electricity from the surface of the bag down to a system of grounding points on the bag.
- prevents dangerous sparks from igniting and causing fires
- dissipates static electricity
- prevents brush discharges
- safely contains combustible materials
- safely contains flammable materials
- safely stores materials in environments containing solvents
Type C Conductive bags must be grounded at all times in order to dissipate the static electricity. If these bags become separated from the ground, statics can accumulate on the bag and dangerous sparks and brush discharges can occur. Therefore, for situations in which grounding is impossible, Type D bags need to be used.